Allianz no decision on Commerzbank silent participation conversion
FRANKFURT Feb 21 (Reuters) - Allianz has yet to take any decision on the conversion of a debt-equity hybrid in Germany's No. 2 lender, Commerzbank, into pure-play equity, the insurer's chief executive said on Thursday.
"The bank must come to us," Michael Diekmann said in response to a question at a news conference, giving no indication when that might happen.
Allianz holds a "silent particpation" worth 750 million euros ($1.00 billion) in Commerzbank which it took in the wake of Commerzbank's takeover of Dresdner Bank from Allianz in 2008. ($1 = 0.7479 euros) (Reporting by Jonathan Gould)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers