BofA hires Slowey as EMEA prime broking head-memo
LONDON Feb 21 (Reuters) - Bank of America Merrill Lynch has hired Martina Slowey as its EMEA head of prime brokerage, according to an internal memo seen by Reuters.
Slowey replaces Charlotte Burkeman, who is considered one of the industry's young rising stars and whose departure was revealed by Reuters last month.
A source close to the bank confirmed the appointment.
Slowey was chief operating officer at hedge fund Edoma Partners, which in November announced plans to close, and previously worked as European head of prime brokerage at UBS. She will join the bank at the end of March, the memo said.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016