Banco do Brasil's return on equity could top estimates, CEO says
SAO PAULO Feb 21 (Reuters) - Banco do Brasil SA could post return on equity above management estimates for the year, Chief Executive Officer Aldemir Bendine said on Wednesday.
Return on equity, a gauge of profitability for banks, rose to 21.2 percent in the fourth quarter from 18.1 percent in the third quarter. The average estimate in a Thomson Reuters earnings poll was 16.1 percent. Banco do Brasil is projecting ROE, as the indicator is known, between 14 percent and 17 percent this year.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East