Banco do Brasil's return on equity could top estimates, CEO says
SAO PAULO Feb 21 (Reuters) - Banco do Brasil SA could post return on equity above management estimates for the year, Chief Executive Officer Aldemir Bendine said on Wednesday.
Return on equity, a gauge of profitability for banks, rose to 21.2 percent in the fourth quarter from 18.1 percent in the third quarter. The average estimate in a Thomson Reuters earnings poll was 16.1 percent. Banco do Brasil is projecting ROE, as the indicator is known, between 14 percent and 17 percent this year.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea