Brazil inflation should ease in 2H -central bank director
BELO HORIZONTE, Brazil
BELO HORIZONTE, Brazil Feb 21 (Reuters) - A moderation in agricultural commodity price pressures should help ease Brazilian inflation in the second half of the year, central bank director Carlos Hamilton Araujo said on Thursday.
Araujo, one of the eight voting members of the bank's board, said during an event in the southern city of Belo Horizonte that economic activity should pick up and unemployment remain low.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay over $50 billion in Yukos case
- Europe nervy as Russian assets hit by new sanctions talk
- Ukraine troops advance as experts renew attempt to reach crash site
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine