Brazil inflation should ease in 2H -central bank director
BELO HORIZONTE, Brazil
BELO HORIZONTE, Brazil Feb 21 (Reuters) - A moderation in agricultural commodity price pressures should help ease Brazilian inflation in the second half of the year, central bank director Carlos Hamilton Araujo said on Thursday.
Araujo, one of the eight voting members of the bank's board, said during an event in the southern city of Belo Horizonte that economic activity should pick up and unemployment remain low.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand