Century Aluminum loss narrows on lower costs
Feb 21 (Reuters) - Century Aluminum Co reported a smaller quarterly loss on Thursday as its costs fell.
For the fourth quarter to Dec. 31, the company's net loss narrowed to $6.9 million, or 8 cents a share, compared with a loss of $31.1 million, or 35 cents, a year earlier.
Sales slipped to $317.7 million, from $318.2 million. Shipments of primary aluminum rose to 162,303 tonnes, from 155,649 tonnes.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill