Kraft cuts Maxwell House coffee prices, follows J.M. Smucker
NEW YORK Feb 21 (Reuters) - Kraft Foods Group Inc said on Thursday that it reduced the price on select ground and instant coffees by 5-6 percent, including its flagship Maxwell House brand, effective immediately.
The price cut comes two days after trend-setter J.M. Smucker Co, which makes Folgers coffee, lowered its list retail prices by 6 percent.
Both companies cited sustained declines in the green coffee market.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |