Kraft cuts Maxwell House coffee prices, follows J.M. Smucker
NEW YORK Feb 21 (Reuters) - Kraft Foods Group Inc said on Thursday that it reduced the price on select ground and instant coffees by 5-6 percent, including its flagship Maxwell House brand, effective immediately.
The price cut comes two days after trend-setter J.M. Smucker Co, which makes Folgers coffee, lowered its list retail prices by 6 percent.
Both companies cited sustained declines in the green coffee market.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Obama to Republican critics on immigration: 'Pass a bill'
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video