Community Health 4th-quarter profit meets estimates
Feb 21 (Reuters) - Hospital operator Community Health Systems Inc reported higher fourth-quarter profit that matched analysts' estimates as admissions rose nearly 5 percent.
The second largest U.S. for-profit hospital chain also projected full-year 2013 earnings from continuing operations of $3.50 to $3.90 per share. Analysts, on average, had forecast 2013 earnings of $3.82, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The hospital operator posted quarterly net income attributable to shareholders of $62.6 million, or 69 cents a share, up from $30.9 million, or 35 cents a share, a year earlier.
Excluding one-time items, Community Health earned 85 cents share, matching the average analyst estimate.
Net operating revenue rose 9 percent to $3.3 billion.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation