Malaysia's DRB-Hicom to bid for airport services in Saudi Arabia
KUALA LUMPUR Feb 21 (Reuters) - Malaysian automotive-to-insurance conglomerate DRB-Hicom Bhd said on Thursday it had teamed up with Saudi International Trading and Marketing Ltd (SITM) to bid for airport ground handling services in Saudi Arabia.
DRB-Hicom, owned by Malaysian tycoon Syed Mokhtar Al-Bukhary, said the collaboration would enable the business to expand its overseas operations.
The company has signed a memorandum of understanding with SITM through its wholly-owned subsidiary KL Airport Services Sdn Bhd, it said in a stock exchange filing on Thursday.
The companies will do a feasibility study and submit their bid when they have received an invitation from the General Authority of Civil Aviation of Saudi Arabia.
DRB-Hicom did not reveal the potential value of the handling services contract.
(Reporting By Al-Zaquan Amer Hamzah; Editing by Jane Merriman)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'