Euro is at "quite a good" level - German finance minister
BERLIN Feb 21 (Reuters) - The euro is at a relatively good level against the U.S. dollar, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Thursday, signalling he was happy with the current exchange rate.
Schaeuble said the euro had started its life at around $1.17 and was now trading at about $1.33.
"That is quite a good level," he said at an event with young people, adding that the common currency was more stable than Germany's deutsche mark had been.
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source