Belgium's GIMV makes Q3 profit from asset sales
BRUSSELS Feb 21 (Reuters) - Belgian investment group GIMV said it booked a positive result in its fiscal third quarter as profits from divestments outweighed the impact on a weak economy on its portfolio.
The group said on Thursday that the tough economic conditions had negatively impacted the value of its portfolio of companies in the quarter.
As a result of the divestments, which included its stake in Devgen after a bid from Syngenta, the group's equity value increased by about 1 percent during the quarter to 980.8 million euros ($1.31 billion).
GIMV's financial year starts on April 1. ($1 = 0.7479 euros) (Reporting by Robert-Jan Bartunek; editing by Philip Blenkinsop)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 4-Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe