Heinz posts lower quarterly net income
Feb 21 (Reuters) - H.J. Heinz Co reported lower quarterly net earnings on Thursday, hurt by the loss of discontinued operations.
The ketchup maker, which plans to be acquired by Berkshire Hathaway and 3G Capital, said net income was $269.5 million, or 83 cents per share, in the quarter, down from $284.7 million, or 88 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- Indian firms tool up for defense orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Liberia police fire on protesters as West Africa's Ebola toll hits 1,350