Imax profit doubles on theatre network growth
Feb 21 (Reuters) - Canada-based movie system maker Imax Corp's fourth-quarter profit more than doubled, helped by theatre network growth and strong box office performances.
Net income rose to $12.9 million, or 19 cents per share, from $6.3 million, or 9 cents per share, a year earlier.
Imax, which designs and produces cameras and projection equipment for its namesake motion picture film format, said revenue rose 17 percent to $77.8 million.
The company - whose principal business is to design and manufacture theater systems - in turn sells and leases these systems to customers under revenue-sharing arrangements.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- N.Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'