Imax profit doubles on theatre network growth
Feb 21 (Reuters) - Canada-based movie system maker Imax Corp's fourth-quarter profit more than doubled, helped by theatre network growth and strong box office performances.
Net income rose to $12.9 million, or 19 cents per share, from $6.3 million, or 9 cents per share, a year earlier.
Imax, which designs and produces cameras and projection equipment for its namesake motion picture film format, said revenue rose 17 percent to $77.8 million.
The company - whose principal business is to design and manufacture theater systems - in turn sells and leases these systems to customers under revenue-sharing arrangements.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source