Imax profit doubles on theatre network growth
Feb 21 (Reuters) - Canada-based movie system maker Imax Corp's fourth-quarter profit more than doubled, helped by theatre network growth and strong box office performances.
Net income rose to $12.9 million, or 19 cents per share, from $6.3 million, or 9 cents per share, a year earlier.
Imax, which designs and produces cameras and projection equipment for its namesake motion picture film format, said revenue rose 17 percent to $77.8 million.
The company - whose principal business is to design and manufacture theater systems - in turn sells and leases these systems to customers under revenue-sharing arrangements.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |