Kinepolis profit falls slightly in difficult 2012
BRUSSELS Feb 21 (Reuters) - Belgium cinema operator Kinepolis posted a profit of 37.5 million euros ($50.14 million) for 2012 on Thursday, slightly weaker numbers than it posted a year ago.
Net profit fell year on year by 2.1 percent, the firm said, as cinema-goers stayed away due to the economic crisis in Europe and chose to watch the Olympic Games on television over the summer.
Visitor numbers decreased by almost 7 percent, with Spain and France posting some of the largest drops. ($1 = 0.7479 euros) (Reporting By Ethan Bilby)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections