Kinepolis profit falls slightly in difficult 2012
BRUSSELS Feb 21 (Reuters) - Belgium cinema operator Kinepolis posted a profit of 37.5 million euros ($50.14 million) for 2012 on Thursday, slightly weaker numbers than it posted a year ago.
Net profit fell year on year by 2.1 percent, the firm said, as cinema-goers stayed away due to the economic crisis in Europe and chose to watch the Olympic Games on television over the summer.
Visitor numbers decreased by almost 7 percent, with Spain and France posting some of the largest drops. ($1 = 0.7479 euros) (Reporting By Ethan Bilby)
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine, Russia, EU likely to agree gas supply deal on Thursday: officials