Linn Energy to buy Berry Petroleum for $4.3 bln in stock
Feb 21 (Reuters) - Oil and gas producer Linn Energy LLC said it would buy Berry Petroleum Co in an all-stock deal valued at $4.3 billion including debt, giving it more exposure to lucrative liquids that will help it raise production by 30 percent.
Berry shareholders will receive the equivalent of about $46.24 per share, a 19.8 percent premium to the stock's closing price of $38.59 on Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows