US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends losses, Nasdaq down 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended losses on Thursday, with the Nasdaq dropping 1 percent following a rash of weak economic data.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 74.82 points, or 0.54 percent, at 13,852.72. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 11.26 points, or 0.74 percent, at 1,500.69. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 35.25 points, or 1.11 percent, at 3,129.16.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |