Fitch puts Puerto Rico debt on ratings negative watch
Feb 21 (Reuters) - Fitch Ratings on Thursday placed its BBB-plus rating for Puerto Rico general obligation bonds and other debt on a negative ratings watch.
Noting the U.S. commonwealth faced a "significant increase" in operating budget imbalances, Fitch said in a news release that it expected to meet soon with government officials and would resolve in early March the watch status that also affects Puerto Rico pension bonds and other debt.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Leaders gather, thousands sing in rain in farewell to Mandela |
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher