Fitch puts Puerto Rico debt on ratings negative watch
Feb 21 (Reuters) - Fitch Ratings on Thursday placed its BBB-plus rating for Puerto Rico general obligation bonds and other debt on a negative ratings watch.
Noting the U.S. commonwealth faced a "significant increase" in operating budget imbalances, Fitch said in a news release that it expected to meet soon with government officials and would resolve in early March the watch status that also affects Puerto Rico pension bonds and other debt.
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on IS in Syria
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- More Americans than ever have never married: survey