Nike suspends contract with Pistorius
LONDON Feb 21 (Reuters) - American sportwear company Nike has suspended its endorsement contract with South African Oscar Pistorius after he was charged with murdering his girlfriend.
"We believe Oscar Pistorius should be afforded due process and we will continue to monitor the situation closely," the company said in a statement on Thursday, confirming the suspension of the agreement.
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- Current underwater search for Malaysia plane could end within a week