S.Africa's Sanlam raises stake in India's Shriram Transport Finance
JOHANNESBURG Feb 21 (Reuters) - South African insurance group Sanlam has acquired a further 3.7 percent in Indian company Shriram Transport Finance for nearly 1 billion rand ($113 million), raising its stake to about 10 percent.
Sanlam already holds stakes in Chennai-based conglomerate Shriram Group's insurance businesses. ($1 = 8.8780 South African rand) (Reporting by Helen Nyambura-Mwaura)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study