S.Africa's Sanlam raises stake in India's Shriram Transport Finance
JOHANNESBURG Feb 21 (Reuters) - South African insurance group Sanlam has acquired a further 3.7 percent in Indian company Shriram Transport Finance for nearly 1 billion rand ($113 million), raising its stake to about 10 percent.
Sanlam already holds stakes in Chennai-based conglomerate Shriram Group's insurance businesses. ($1 = 8.8780 South African rand) (Reporting by Helen Nyambura-Mwaura)
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- U.S. diplomat travels to West Africa as Ebola quarantine moves take hold |
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Ukraine votes in poll likely to strengthen president's hand |