S.Africa's Sanlam raises stake in India's Shriram Transport Finance
JOHANNESBURG Feb 21 (Reuters) - South African insurance group Sanlam has acquired a further 3.7 percent in Indian company Shriram Transport Finance for nearly 1 billion rand ($113 million), raising its stake to about 10 percent.
Sanlam already holds stakes in Chennai-based conglomerate Shriram Group's insurance businesses. ($1 = 8.8780 South African rand) (Reporting by Helen Nyambura-Mwaura)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat