Commercial paper market shrinks in week: Fed
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The amount of commercial paper contracted in the week ended Feb 20 Federal Reserve data showed on Thursday.
U.S. seasonally adjusted commercial paper outstanding fell $22.4 billion to $1.063 trillion in the latest week.
Non-seasonally adjusted commercial paper outstanding - which some analysts consider a more reliable reading than the seasonally adjusted one since it has been distorted by the financial crisis - fell $19.4 billion to $1.045 trillion.
U.S. non-seasonally adjusted foreign financial commercial paper outstanding fell $16.3 billion to $229.9 billion.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet