French troops fire on suspected Islamists in Mali town of Gao
GAO, Mali (Reuters) - French troops in armored vehicles opened fire on suspected Islamists in the northern Malian town of Gao, a Reuters witness said.
The witness said French troops in at least three armored vehicles were deployed in Gao's Independence Square and fired with heavy machineguns at the mayor's office, where Islamist rebels were holed up.
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- UPDATE 8-U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports