U.S. calls possible Iranian nuclear step "another provocation"
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States said on Thursday that Iran's installation of advanced centrifuges at its main uranium enrichment plant would be "yet another provocative step."
"The installation of new advanced centrifuges would be a further escalation and a continuing violation of Iran's (U.N.) obligations," U.S. State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said when asked about a report by the U.N. nuclear watchdog saying that Iran has done so. "It would mark yet another provocative step."
(Reporting By Arshad Mohammed; Editing by David Brunnstrom)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video