Japan: 787 fuel leak probe indicates cause to be coating issue
TOKYO Feb 22 (Reuters) - Japan's transport ministry said on Friday its fuel leak probe on a Boeing Co 787 Dreamliner passenger jet indicated the cause to be a coating around the mechanism that controls fuel movement between tanks.
The ministry launched the investigation after two fuel leaks on a Dreamliner operated by Japan Airlines Co Ltd, just days before authorities around the world grounded the new lightweight passenger jets after a couple of battery problems.
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note