CORRECTED-Eric Knight to join Darty board
(Corrects name throughout to "Eric Knight" not "Knight Vinke"; adds he is founder of Knight Vinke.)
Feb 22 (Reuters) - Darty Plc, Europe's third largest electrical goods retailer, appointed activist investor Eric Knight, founder of its biggest shareholder, to its board.
Knight, whose investment company, Knight Vinke, owns 25 percent in Darty, demanded a seat on the firm's board after it issued a profit warning last week.
The company said Knight will join the board immediately as a non-executive director. (Reporting by Karen Rebelo in Bangalore; Editing by Roshni Menon)
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |