CORRECTED-Eric Knight to join Darty board
(Corrects name throughout to "Eric Knight" not "Knight Vinke"; adds he is founder of Knight Vinke.)
Feb 22 (Reuters) - Darty Plc, Europe's third largest electrical goods retailer, appointed activist investor Eric Knight, founder of its biggest shareholder, to its board.
Knight, whose investment company, Knight Vinke, owns 25 percent in Darty, demanded a seat on the firm's board after it issued a profit warning last week.
The company said Knight will join the board immediately as a non-executive director. (Reporting by Karen Rebelo in Bangalore; Editing by Roshni Menon)
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to peacemaker Mandela |
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers