Eldorado profit up on higher gold sales
Feb 22 (Reuters) - Canadian miner Eldorado Gold Corp reported on Friday a boost in fourth quarter profit, as increased gold sales outweighed higher operating costs.
Net earnings were $115 million, or 16 cents a share, in the quarter ended December 31. That compared with $88.8 million, or 16 cents a share, in the year-earlier period.
Analysts, on average, had expected earnings of 14 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash