Gardner Denver's board to consider KKR offer on Monday -source
NEW YORK Feb 22 (Reuters) - The board of Gardner Denver Inc plans to meet on Monday to review private equity firm KKR & Co LP's $3.7 billion offer for the industrial machinery maker, a person familiar with the matter said on Friday.
Several of Gardner Denver's top shareholders, including ValueAct Holdings LP, have indicated to the company's management that they would support KKR's $75 per share offer, which was submitted on Thursday, the person said.
Wayne, Pennsylvania-based Gardner Denver and ValueAct did not immediately respond to a request for comment. KKR declined to comment.
Earlier on Friday, Gardner Denver forecast 2013 results below analysts' expectations as demand for its engineered products such as petroleum and industrial pumps remained weak.
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset