German Ifo business morale rises sharply in Feb
BERLIN Feb 22 (Reuters) - German business morale posted its strongest monthly rise since July 2010 in February, pushing higher for a fourth consecutive month and suggesting Europe's largest economy could rebound strongly after a dismal end to 2012.
The Munich-based Ifo think tank said on Friday its business climate index, based on a monthly survey of some 7,000 firms, rose to 107.4 in February, up from a revised 104.3 in January.
That beat the median forecast in a Reuters poll of 41 economists for the index to climb to 105.0, and was well above the highest estimate of 106.2.
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- U.S. mother, officials settle suit over airport breast milk
- UPDATE 2-Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found
- Explosion shuts large natural gas processing plant in Wyoming