German Ifo business morale rises sharply in Feb
BERLIN Feb 22 (Reuters) - German business morale posted its strongest monthly rise since July 2010 in February, pushing higher for a fourth consecutive month and suggesting Europe's largest economy could rebound strongly after a dismal end to 2012.
The Munich-based Ifo think tank said on Friday its business climate index, based on a monthly survey of some 7,000 firms, rose to 107.4 in February, up from a revised 104.3 in January.
That beat the median forecast in a Reuters poll of 41 economists for the index to climb to 105.0, and was well above the highest estimate of 106.2.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Japan stocks see biggest gain this year, lead sharp Asia rebound