German Ifo business morale rises sharply in Feb
BERLIN Feb 22 (Reuters) - German business morale posted its strongest monthly rise since July 2010 in February, pushing higher for a fourth consecutive month and suggesting Europe's largest economy could rebound strongly after a dismal end to 2012.
The Munich-based Ifo think tank said on Friday its business climate index, based on a monthly survey of some 7,000 firms, rose to 107.4 in February, up from a revised 104.3 in January.
That beat the median forecast in a Reuters poll of 41 economists for the index to climb to 105.0, and was well above the highest estimate of 106.2.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter