Indonesia finmin nominated for cbank gov - parliament
JAKARTA Feb 22 (Reuters) - Indonesia's president has unexpectedly nominated Finance Minister Agus Martowardojo as the sole candidate to be the next central bank governor, a parliament official told Reuters on Friday.
President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono had been expected to re-nominate incumbent governor Darmin Nasution to do a second term at the helm of Bank Indonesia after his current tenure ends in May. (Reporting by Adriana Nina Kusuma; Writing by Neil Chatterjee)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy