JPMorgan raising up to $1.5 bln Asia infrastructure fund -sources
MUMBAI/HONG KONG Feb 22 (Reuters) - JPMorgan Chase & Co is targeting to raise between $1 billion and $1.5 billion in a dedicated fund to invest in core infrastructure assets across Asia, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters on Friday.
The fund, JPMorgan Asian Infrastructure & Related Resources Opportunity Fund II, will invest in transportation, power generation, water and social infrastructure across China, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and South Korea, the sources said.
The sources declined to be named, as they were not authorised to speak to the media since the fund raising was still private.
A Hong Kong-based spokesman for JPMorgan declined to comment.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'