Euro and European stocks rise, Bunds fall after Ifo data
LONDON Feb 22 (Reuters) - The euro hit a session high against the dollar and European shares rose, while German Bund futures fell on Friday after a better-than-expected German Ifo survey.
The euro climbed around 0.4 percent on the day to $1.3246, from $1.3218 before the data.
Bunds fell slightly after the release to last trade 16 ticks lower on the day at 143.22.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index extended earlier gains after the German Ifo, rising by as much as 0.8 percent to an intraday high of 1,160.49 points.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Alice, steampunk and a false name: enigma of an American jailed in North Korea
- North Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'