RPT-Euro and European stocks rise, Bunds fall after Ifo data
LONDON Feb 22 (Reuters) - The euro hit a session high against the dollar and European shares rose, while German Bund futures fell on Friday after a better-than-expected German Ifo survey.
The euro climbed around 0.4 percent on the day to $1.3246, from $1.3218 before the data.
Bunds fell slightly after the release to last trade 16 ticks lower on the day at 143.22.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index extended earlier gains after the German Ifo, rising by as much as 0.8 percent to an intraday high of 1,160.49 points.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East
- Millions of Target shoppers face new debit card limits |