MSC Industrial to buy Barnes unit for $550 mln
Feb 22 (Reuters) - Industrial products distributor MSC Industrial Direct Co Inc said it would buy the North American distribution business of Barnes Group Inc for $550 million.
The deal, which is expected to close during MSC's third quarter, would generate cost synergies in the range of $15 million to $20 million by fiscal 2015, MSC said in a statement.
MSC distributes industrial supplies such as fasteners, metalworking tools and measuring instruments.
- Scores rescued from sinking South Korean ferry, two dead: officials
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on healthcare: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first quarter
- Russia prepared to let tanks roll across borders: German minister