Canada's OMERS notches 10 pct investment return in 2012
TORONTO Feb 22 (Reuters) - Canadian pension fund OMERS notched a 10.0 percent return on investments in 2012 as its private equity, property and infrastructure portfolios made strong gains, offsetting losses in its investment in Alberta's oil and gas sector.
OMERS, which manages the pension plan for Ontario's public-sector municipal workers and has become a global dealmaker by virtue of its deep pockets, said its net assets grew to C$60.8 billion from C$55.1 billion at the end of 2011.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'