Canada's OMERS notches 10 pct investment return in 2012
TORONTO Feb 22 (Reuters) - Canadian pension fund OMERS notched a 10.0 percent return on investments in 2012 as its private equity, property and infrastructure portfolios made strong gains, offsetting losses in its investment in Alberta's oil and gas sector.
OMERS, which manages the pension plan for Ontario's public-sector municipal workers and has become a global dealmaker by virtue of its deep pockets, said its net assets grew to C$60.8 billion from C$55.1 billion at the end of 2011.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data