Turkcell Q4 net profit rises 38 percent
ISTANBUL Feb 22 (Reuters) - Turkey's largest mobile phone operator Turkcell posted net profit up 38 percent to 459 million lira ($257 million) in the fourth quarter, above a poll forecast of 453.4 million, on sales up 15 percent to $2.807 billion lira.
In 2012 as a whole, Turkcell's net profit surged 77 percent to 2.079 billion lira on sales up 12 percent to 10.507 billion lira. ($1 = 1.7833 Turkish liras) (Writing by Daren Butler)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |