Finmeccanica shares higher in early trade after results delay
MILAN (Reuters) - Shares in Finmeccanica (SIFI.MI) were up 0.6 percent in early trade on Friday after the defense group delayed publication of its 2012 results amid a bribery probe.
After a board meeting late Thursday, Finmeccanica said it had postponed the approval of its full-year accounts from March 12 to a new meeting to be held no later than April 30, to "evaluate the impact of recent economic events on its balance sheet."
Finmeccanica is at the centre of an Italian probe alleging that it paid bribes to win the 560 million euro ($750 million) contract awarded in 2010 to its Anglo-Italian helicopter unit AgustaWestland.
(Reporting by Jennifer Clark)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins