Finmeccanica shares higher in early trade after results delay
MILAN (Reuters) - Shares in Finmeccanica (SIFI.MI) were up 0.6 percent in early trade on Friday after the defense group delayed publication of its 2012 results amid a bribery probe.
After a board meeting late Thursday, Finmeccanica said it had postponed the approval of its full-year accounts from March 12 to a new meeting to be held no later than April 30, to "evaluate the impact of recent economic events on its balance sheet."
Finmeccanica is at the centre of an Italian probe alleging that it paid bribes to win the 560 million euro ($750 million) contract awarded in 2010 to its Anglo-Italian helicopter unit AgustaWestland.
(Reporting by Jennifer Clark)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia