Japan Aso: Next BOJ head doesn't have to be from MOF
TOKYO (Reuters) - The next Bank of Japan governor does not have to be from the Ministry of Finance although the individual needs to have experience managing a large organization, Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Friday.
"It's inappropriate to choose someone who does not have experience managing a big organization," Aso told a news conference after a cabinet meeting.
Aso declined to comment on specific foreign exchange levels but said it is important for currencies to move in a stable manner.
(Reporting by Leika Kihara; Editing by Shinichi Saoshiro)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video