Japan Aso: Next BOJ head doesn't have to be from MOF
TOKYO (Reuters) - The next Bank of Japan governor does not have to be from the Ministry of Finance although the individual needs to have experience managing a large organization, Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Friday.
"It's inappropriate to choose someone who does not have experience managing a big organization," Aso told a news conference after a cabinet meeting.
Aso declined to comment on specific foreign exchange levels but said it is important for currencies to move in a stable manner.
(Reporting by Leika Kihara; Editing by Shinichi Saoshiro)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |