South Africa court sets Pistorius bail at $113,000
PRETORIA (Reuters) - A South African court set bail for athlete Oscar Pistorius at 1 million rand ($113,000) on Friday and postponed his murder trial until June 4.
Pistorius, who is accused of murdering his girlfriend at his home in Pretoria on Valentine's Day, was also ordered by Magistrate Desmond Nair to surrender his passports and avoid his home and all witnesses in the case.
($1 = 8.8750 South African rand)
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Stocks end higher on bet Fed won't change rate stance
- U.S. general says cannot rule out larger ground role in Iraq