Japan econmin signals ADB Kuroda meets criteria to head BOJ
TOKYO Feb 25 (Reuters) - Japanese Economics Minister Akira Amari said on Monday there is no doubt Asian Development Bank President Haruhiko Kuroda belongs to the inner circle of global finance, a prerequisite set by the premier for the next Bank of Japan governor.
But Amari told reporters he hasn't heard from Prime Minister Shinzo Abe yet that Kuroda has been chosen as the government's nominee to head the central bank.
Sources have said Kuroda is likely to be the next BOJ chief.
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park