Japan econmin signals ADB Kuroda meets criteria to head BOJ
TOKYO Feb 25 (Reuters) - Japanese Economics Minister Akira Amari said on Monday there is no doubt Asian Development Bank President Haruhiko Kuroda belongs to the inner circle of global finance, a prerequisite set by the premier for the next Bank of Japan governor.
But Amari told reporters he hasn't heard from Prime Minister Shinzo Abe yet that Kuroda has been chosen as the government's nominee to head the central bank.
Sources have said Kuroda is likely to be the next BOJ chief.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |