Absa minority shareholders back Barclays Africa deal
JOHANNESBURG Feb 25 (Reuters) - Minority shareholders of South Africa's Absa Group on Monday overwhelmingly backed a plan to buy the African operations of parent Barclays Plc for $2.1 billion in new shares.
The deal, although dilutive to minority shareholders, is expected to give Absa greater exposure to fast-growing African markets.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source