Former VW executive to head GM's global marketing
DETROIT Feb 25 (Reuters) - Former Volkswagen executive Tim Mahoney has been named head of global marketing operations at General Motors Co, as well as Chief Marketing Officer Global Chevrolet, GM said on Monday.
Mahoney, who had been executive vice president and chief product and marketing officer at VW of America, will report to Alan Batey, GM's interim global chief marketing officer, starting April 1.
Mahoney previously had held marketing posts at Porsche Cars North America and Subaru of America.
At Chevrolet, Mahoney will be responsible for the development and execution of Chevrolet's new global brand communication platform, Find New Roads.
Reporting to Mahoney will be Chris Perry, vice president, U.S. Chevrolet marketing, and Paul Edwards, executive director, global strategic marketing.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean: source |
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source