CORRECTED-Resigning UK cardinal says he will not attend conclave
(Corrects headline to add missing word "not")
LONDON Feb 25 (Reuters) - Britain's most senior Roman Catholic cleric, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, said he would not be attending the conclave at the Vatican to choose a successor to Pope Benedict after announcing he was resigning as an archbishop.
"I will not join them (the other cardinals) for this conclave in person. I do not wish media attention in Rome to be focussed on me - but rather on Pope Benedict XVI and on his successor," he said in a statement. (Reporting by Michael Holden Editing by Maria Golovnina)
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?