Pope accepts resignation of top British cleric
VATICAN CITY Feb 25 (Reuters) - Pope Benedict has accepted the resignation of Britain's most senior Roman Catholic cleric, who quit the day after rejecting allegations of inappropriate behaviour with other priests.
Cardinal Keith O'Brien, known for outspoken views on homosexuality, had been reported to the Vatican over allegations of inappropriate behaviour stretching back 30 years, according to the Observer newspaper. He has contested the allegations against him. (Reporting by Philip Pullella; Editing by Jon Boyle)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote