Italian bank Carige says seeks 800 mln euros extra capital
MILAN Feb 25 (Reuters) - Italian mid-sized bank Carige said on Monday it would sell non-strategic assets and carry out a capital increase as it needed to strengthen its capital base by 800 million euros ($1.06 billion).
The bank, which has a market capitalisation of 1.5 billion euros, also restated the expected one-off gain from a reorganisation plan unveiled last year to 259.3 million euros from 715 million euros announced previously.
It said the restatement was in line with a request by market regulator Consob which had questioned its accounting of certain tax benefits.
($1 = 0.7567 euros) (Reporting By Silvia Aloisi)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls