Deutsche Boerse says not in merger talks with CME
FRANKFURT Feb 25 (Reuters) - Deutsche Boerse said it was not in merger negotiations with CME Group Inc following a media report that CME had approached the German stock exchange operator about a tie-up.
"As repeatedly communicated, Deutsche Boerse Group's primary strategic focus is on organic growth," it said in a statement on Monday.
The shares trimmed earlier gains, trading 4.4 percent higher at 1326 GMT.
The stock had been up more than 10 percent after Bloomberg cited four people familiar with the situation as saying CME had approached Deutsche Boerse to consider beginning talks on combining their businesses. (Reporting by Ludwig Burger)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee