Finland's Fennovoima: Toshiba sole candidate for large reactor
HELSINKI Feb 25 (Reuters) - Finnish nuclear consortium Fennovoima said Japan's Toshiba was now the sole supplier candidate for its planned nuclear power plant in northern Finland, dropping Areva.
Fennovoima said it was now looking at the possibility of a medium-sized reactor and that Areva, in addition to Toshiba and and Russia's Rosatom, could be suitable suppliers for such a project.
Fennovoima said it had decided to look into smaller reactors following the exit of its top investor German utility E.ON .
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia