Hertz posts quarterly loss after Dollar Thrifty buy
Feb 25 (Reuters) - Car rental company Hertz Global Holdings Inc reported a quarterly loss due to costs associated with its $2.6 billion acquisition of Dollar Thrifty.
The net loss was $36.4 million, or 9 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, compared with net income of $52.1 million, or 11 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, Hertz earned 33 cents per share.
For 2013, Hertz forecast adjusted earnings of $1.82 to $1.92 per share on revenue of $10.85 billion to $10.95 billion.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.