- Microsoft unveils Xbox One with Spielberg, Activision tie-up
- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Russia moves closer to jail terms for offending religion
- UPDATE 1-Regeneron, Sanofi asthma drug seen as potential game changer
Major powers to offer Iran sanctions relief at nuclear talks-U.S. official
ALMATY, Kazakhstan |
ALMATY, Kazakhstan Feb 25 (Reuters) - Major powers will offer Iran some sanctions relief during talks in Almaty, Kazakhstan, this week if Tehran agrees to curb its nuclear programme, a U.S. official said on Monday.
However, the Islamic Republic could face more economic pain if the standoff remains unresolved, the official said ahead of the Feb. 26-27 meeting, speaking on condition of anonymity. "We think ... there will be some additional sanctions relief (in the powers' updated proposal to Iran)," the official said.
(Reporting by Fredrik Dahl and Justyna Pawlak; Editing by Pravin Char)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this